We all have those things that are not a bother to our health but can be very distressing. Stretch marks for example are not painful or a cause of any medical alarm but they are very likely to affect your self-love. It usually appear in the breast, buttocks, hips and several other places. It can appear in almost all groups of people but they are very common among pregnant women, especially on their last semester.
You will find a couple of products and drugs over the counter claiming that they can treat your stretch marks completely. Although there are some chances that they are effective, they are not likely to deal with stretch marks completely.
At home, you have a number of remedies that you can consider today and fade stretch marks significantly. However, there are no proven ways that can deal with stretch marks completely. In this brief, we have to discuss the most effective and reliable home remedies for stretch marks.
What causes stretch marks?
Before we continue to the main topic of today, we should first of all discuss the common causes of stretch marks and who is at greater risk of developing stretch marks. We have a couple of causes in this case but we will not discuss all of them. Here are some of the main causes.
Stretch marks are caused by the stretching of the skin in many cases. So what risk factors contribute to the stretching of the skin? Who are at the greatest risk of getting stretch marks?
- Women – Women unlike men are at higher chances of developing stretch marks because of their hormones and their chances of getting pregnant.
- Family history – There are some family traits that contributes significantly in developing stretch marks.
- Pregnancy – In pregnant women especially in their last trimester, they are likely to gain weight rapidly and most parts of their body including their tummy and breast is enlarging rapidly.
- Being overweight/Obese – Being overweight is another contributing factor. Most overweight and obese people have stretch marks.
- Rapidly gaining weight – Rapidly gaining weight is very likely to enlarge the skin which would lead to stretch Marks.
- Some Medications – Some medications including corticosteroid medication are known to increase the risk of developing stretch marks.-
- Breast enlargement surgery – After undergoing breast surgery, many women are very likely to get stretch marks.
- Some sicknesses – There are many sicknesses that are likely to increase your chances of developing stretch Marks. Some of them includes Cushing’s syndrome and Marfan syndrome
Stretch Marks Home Remedies
At this point in time, we have to list 5 most effective home remedies for stretch Marks. We also give you a step by step guide on how to use them. The list of home remedies for stretch marks is unlimited. As a matter of fact, you will get different advises out there regarding the most effective of all home remedies.
1. Aloe Vera
We all know the magic of aloe Vera when it comes to treating a coupled of skin issues. The plan will rejuvenate the skin tissues and help it recover. Aloe Vera also has a couple of healing properties that are very likely to work well with your skin.
How to use Aloe Vera for stretch Marks
- Get Aloe Vera leaves and squeeze fresh Aloe Vera juice from them.
- Apply the fresh Aloe Vera Juice on the affected area
- Leave it to settle here for about 30 minutes before washing away.
- Repeat the process at least daily until you notice some significant improvement.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice has a natural acid which is the contributing factor in this case. The acid also helps deal with several skin problems including skin tags and wrinkles. In this case, the lemon juice acid will heal the skin and fade all the dark spots around the area. The juice also has some healing properties that will leave your skin soothed and fresh.
How to use lemon juice for stretch Marks
- Get Fresh lemon Juice ready for use
- After this, soak up the skin on the affected areas for about 30 minutes
- Use lukewarm water to clean the area and dry perfectly.
- Repeat the process daily until the results are visible
3. Cucumber and Lemon Juice
Cucumber and lemon juice can work together to deal with stretch marks within the shortest time possible. The lemon juice with its natural acids will combine with the healing properties of cucumber juice to eradicate stretch marks within the shortest time possible. Cucumber juice will also provide a soothing effect to the skin which will leave your skin fresh and new.
How to use Cucumber and Lemon Juice for Stretch Marks
- Get equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice ready for use
- Mix them equally and shake well
- After this, soak the affected area of the skin with the mixture and eventually leave it there for about 20 minutes.
- Clean the area with lukewarm water and dry perfectly
- Repeat this at least once a day until the results are visible.
4. Coconut oil and Almond
Most of the skin care products you come across in the market are made of coconut oil. This is because coconut oil has some properties that helps deal with a vast majority of skin conditions. When used together with almonds which also has their own healing properties, you expect that the results will not be frustrating.
How to use Coconut oil and almonds for stretch marks
- Get almonds and coconut oil in equal measures and mix them perfectly.
- Massage the affected area of the skin with the mixture and give it 20 minutes to settle
- After this, wash with warm water
- Repeat this at least once a day for about 4 weeks
5. Castrol oil
Lastly, we are going to talk about Castrol oil which has been in the books for a long time as a good remedy to most skin issues. This remedy adds moisture and nourishment to the stretch marks which would eventually help deal with them
How to use Castrol oil for stretch Marks
- Get Castrol oil and apply it perfectly on the affected area.
- Massage it well on the stretch marks
- Leave it there for about 20 minutes and eventually clean
- Repeat at least once a day until you see the results